Sunday, October 5, 2008

WOW

This past weekend was once again a busy one. Friday evening I met Paul, Anita and Rachel at Big River For drinks and dinner.

Saturday morning Rae and I headed to Dalton for Saul Raisin's Raising Hope Ride. It was a 50 mile ride which included a 7 ish mile climb up the road to Ft Mountain. Rae and I rode side by side as much as possible and chatted the whole way...except when she left me on the climb. She proceeded past most of the men, including Saul. That's my girl...the last Mt she climbed was Nick a Jack in the spring, and most of her riding is teaching spin.

Susan arrived in from Atlanta later in the afternoon and we proceeded to Wine Over Water. We had a GREAT time, saw so many friends and drank perhaps a bit too much. After a walk to Hennen's for dinner (thank you Rob for getting us a table, the place was packed) we hit Big River to meet Tim, Chris and Brad. On the way out I ran into several of the professional riders that had rode in the morning hanging with Sam, Robert and Angela. I visited with them and then finally headed home. Two weekends of wine, beer and staying out late was wearing me out. I enjoyed today by sleeping in, hitting Rembrandt's for breakfast and lounging around the house.

No comments: