Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Most people who ride the Megawatt trail on Raccoon ride to the left of the two small trees in this picture when reaching this rock. In fact, several people rode by while we were there and not a one rode either over or up it. Riding down it is fun, even though the view from the top appears as if you are dropping straight down. Riding up it is another story, at least for me. That's the beauty of riding with Barry. He thinks I can do these things and will work with me. Speed is your friend, but so is the ability to pop your wheel up onto the rock. After numerous attempts, a bloody elbow and a sore knee (rocks aren't very forgiving) I gave up after after consistantly getting the rear tire up on the rock I would lose momenteum and topple over. A bit more speed and a bit more pop and I am there. I did make it up the drops at start of the rock bridge, so all was not lost.

As Barry and I were riding along we came across my friend Rachel from Nashville, her husband Jason and Rae's sister Ellen. They were so busted. At least they had discussed calling me, but heeded to Ellens request of no, as she was afraid she would be walking alot. She was riding great. It was great to see them though!

Saturday I met Cindy up on the trails and we had a nice leisurely ride. The weather was perfect for being in the woods this weekend and the parking lot on the mountain was overflowed both days. Lots of folks from out of town enjoying our trails. We are so lucky.

No comments: