Monday, August 25, 2008

Bikes, Beer and Babies

That is pretty much what the weekend revolved around. Saturday I was up and at it bright and early (5am) to head out to help with the River Gorge Road Race. After fufilling my duties at the sart and watching my friends take off, I headed up the mountain for phase two. Unfortunately, I had arrived late and my marshalling corner was covered. So, I spent the time cheering and chatting. My girls rocked!! It was great to see so many people and I had a great time visiting. My last duty of the day brought me back down the mountain to track down a friend of an injuired rider and turn over his mangeled bike and gear. Saddly, he had been airlift but had never lost consciousness. Unfortnately, I was running behind schedule so my ride was out.

Saturday evening was the 15th annual Southern Brewers Festival and like any good Milwaukee native I was there...unfortunately I found no beers that amazed me but I did enjoy visting with the many friends I came across.








Sunday Rae, Jason and the kids come to race and I came to watch the kids. Thank god for Michelle..I would not have managed. Weesie and I cheered maddly for Daddy Jason and Mommy..both did very well. Jason even juped in and raced the p123 race..and finished with the back. Saddly, my favorite bandana is now in Nashville, but dang, she's cute in it. Nothing accentuates green and pink butterflies like skull and crossbones.





No comments: