Friday, September 5, 2008

Socks vs. Karen Round 1-BING

[quote="Philip Stewart"]New socks are better than than riding with Karen.[/quote]

I was crushed. Was this because I started 6 minutes behind him and passed him.

Was it because I didn't stay with the hurt rider, choosing instead to ride up and get Barry..who would be more helpful?

Was it because I hadn't given him a pair of the much coveted Velo Vixen socks?

I threw the question out to a few of my much younger yet adoring fans. Florida's response: I would much rather ride with you than have a new pair of socks. Folks, this is coming from a cute 24 year semi pro mountain biker who I actually had given two pair of new socks two Sunday. I also checked with B-friend # 4 - Cute 28 year old Engineer: Quality time with me, unless they were really nice ski socks.

A few years ago I was every ones favorite rider. The fall from the top is hard.

No comments: