Monday, September 29, 2008

Black Bear Rampage

Sunday I was out the door at 6 am to head up to the Whitewater Center on the Ocoee for the start of rampage. The race started at the WW Center and the first two miles were a long slow climb to the trail head. Once in the single track we road Brush Creek and Boyd Gap and took Old Cooper Road back to the center and then up Bear Paw to Chestnut, down Thunder Rock and up the forest Service Road and then hit Quartz and Riverview before heading down Bear Paw and back the way you came. It was my longest ride in distance and time, and that must have agreed with me as I got 3rd in my class. I felt good the whole day, had a topple towards the end in the rocky uphill on Boyds Gap. I was quite surprised when my name was called as I thought I was fourth. I was even oblivious to the fact it was Gary Fisher handing me my prize. Oh well, It was my first podium. Little Rae played photog so I will post pics of the day. Most of my friends had great days, and props to the Moter Mile guys who made sure I received a premium ale for my efforts. They travel in style.


I followed yesterday up with a 6 am boot camp. It was rough this am getting up, pushing up, sitting up and running a mile. At least the "new" running shoes have got their first run in.




No comments: