Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ho conquistato il mio nemesis

That's Italian for I conquered my nemesis. There has been one rock at Raccoon Mountain that I never have ridden. I have tried, once even ending up over the embankment. But today, I nailed it. I finally figured out the line was over the rocks ahead and not around them, as going around that slowed you down. El gueppo es finito. Fortunately, my friends, who have also struggled with "it" where there to witnessed it. Got in one loop with the small intestine with Aniat,Paula nd George and one loop on my own without the intestine. A great day of riding!!

The past few Wednesday evenings have been spent looping around the trail at Booker T with Kim, Mark, Florida Mike , Lisa, Star, Bill, Cindy and her husband Bill. Even Sam S made a guest appearance at last weeks event. The coolest thing is our friend Steve S got a mountain bike and has joined in. He is doing great, and has fab people like Kim and Mark helping him get the hang of it, which helps. I love it has I get to chase the fast girls, which works me. Afterwards, we eat...and its a great night.

The rash that appeared Monday is finally calming down. Its been a rough two weeks.

No comments: