Monday, July 28, 2008

Finallly....an Update!!

Sorry for not updating.....but here is a brief recap of the activities and events of the past few weeks:

1. All the spotted mollys are deceased.
2. Raced mountain bike at Ft. Mountain. 2 laps and loads of climbing and a great power line descent that I absolutely loved.
3. Got my first case of full blown poison ivy after toppling at Ft . Mountain.
4. Raced at Fontana.....very hard course. Was wet. Slid off wooden bridge into a ravine. Climbed out and road rest of lap easy. Ride time was equal to 4th place....bummer.
5. More poison ivy. Went to Dr and got shot and drugs. Legs were a mess from the brambles that I landed in.
6. Drove to Nashville for trip to Chicago for a reunion of my first job. Had developed a staph infection and woke up in Nashville with a swollen face and eye and a bright read nose. Came home. As the arrangements were all nonrefundable, I will be heading to Chicago soon.
7. Been riding Booker T on Weds with the girls and dinner after. Fun!
8. Signed up for Black Bear Rampage, a 44 mile mtn bike race.
9. Went up to the Ocoee Saturday with Lisa T and road 4 hours and 30 miles..my longest ride ever. Was a great day. Road much of the course for rampage and felt good about it.
10. Woke up Monday with a massive rash. It appears I may have had an allergic reaction or a heat rash or a combination of both, as the the antibiotics made me more sensitive to the sun.

As the sandwich said, I am due for some good very, very soon. I look forward to that.

No comments: